Thursday, April 13, 2017

He is Risen

Image result for jesus walking on the beach
This week is Easter and we have the opportunity to remember Christ and his sacrifice that he made for us. I consider myself lucky because I have been in a class this last semester where I have been studying Christ's life and teachings. There is one story that touched me, especially as I have been thinking about the resurrection. This story starts after Christ had been crucified, the apostles returned to their daily tasks of fishing. Jesus, now a resurrected being, is walking on the shoreline and calls out to the disciples. I love what happened as soon as Peter recognized who it was. continuing in John 21:7, we read:
"Therefore that disciple whom Jesus loved saith unto Peter, It is the Lord. Now when Simon Peter heard that it was the Lord, he girt his fisher’s coat unto him, (for he was naked,) and did cast himself into the sea."
What would you do if you saw the resurrected Christ? Peter recognizing that it was the savior that had resurrected and immediately went to him. There have been many times in my life where I have recognized that the Lord is alive and seeking to bless each one of us. As we are blessed, we should run (or in this case swim) to him and thank him because there is much to thank him for.
He does continually bless us and seek to help us. Christ suffered for our sins so that he would know how to do this. I encourage all you this Easter season to ponder on how Christ has blessed your life and then go to him in prayer and thank him. 
I am grateful for the savior and all he does for us. I know that he did die for us as the ultimate sacrifice, that he was resurrected, and that he lives for us, giving us hope and strength.

No comments:

Post a Comment