Thursday, January 19, 2017

Who am I?

Inline image 1
In my room I have this quote hanging by Dr. Seuss that says, "Today you are you, that is truer than true, there is no one alive who is youer than you!" 

I love the question that this quote provokes in my mind. Who am I?

Well it seems like, according to Dr. Seuss, everyday I am me and you are you, we are all unique individuals. I know that there is one me, but there are a lot of you, and if we consider every "you" that has ever lived on this earth, couldn't we say it is "innumerable"? Though there are so many of us, and I consider us innumerable, to God "all things are numbered unto me, for they are mine and I know them" (Moses 1:35, emphasis added). So God knows each and everyone of us! But why does he care so much about his creations, why does he continue to number us even if we have passed away or are forgotten by our peers? In Moses 1 God tells Moses 3 times that "thou art my son". If I am to think about who we are, I know that we are children of God, our Heavenly Father. As children of God we can say that we have an all powerful, all knowing father to bless, protect, and care for us! I am grateful for all the blessings that I receive from him.

No comments:

Post a Comment