Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Salvation is a True Blessing

Image result for blessings

King Benjamin in the Book of Mosiah Chapter 6:6-7 was teaching his people about how to receive salvation.

(6) I say unto you, if ye have come to a knowledge of the goodness of God, and his matchless power, and his wisdom, and his patience, and his long-suffering towards the children of men; and also, the atonement which has been prepared from the foundation of the world, that thereby salvation might come to him that should put his trust in the Lord, and should be diligent in keeping his commandments, and continue in the faith even unto the end of his life…
(7) I say, that this is the man who receiveth salvation, through the atonement.

To me this scripture points out two things: first, that we need to know and understand that God is our loving Heavenly Father and second, we need to have faith in the atonement of Christ and put our trust in it. If we do as President Monson suggests and “take an inventory of (our) life and look specifically for the blessings” (Consider the Blessings, October 2012) I know that we will see the goodness, wisdom, patience, and longsuffering of God. I love looking back at my day every night before praying and seeing the small blessings that have been given me.  God blesses his children with small and great things.

One gift that I see bless my life every day is the atonement. Christ’s atonement applies to all of us and allows us to change. We can repent of past mistakes, and we can be empowered to be better. The atonement allows us to obtain salvation! As I have sought to better understand the atonement, my faith has increased and my ability to see blessings has grown.


Have you taken an inventory of your day? What are some blessings you have seen?

1 comment:

  1. I have been trying harder to 'take inventory' of my day more often and have been struck more and more by just the "little things" that show my Heavenly Father truly does know me and love me. Even a smile from someone, a compliment or comment or an opportunity that presents itself I wouldn't normally be aware of. It also makes me try to recognize ways I can be more "an instrument in the Lord's hands" in those same small and simple things/actions that touch me.
    I love your questions that require introspection :) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete