Thursday, February 2, 2017

Guidance Through Prophets

This last week in my Everlasting Gospel class, we have been discussing prophets and dispensations. Talking more about the prophets of old has led me to study more on who prophets are. In Hosea 12:10 it reads, "I have also spoken by the prophets, and I have multiplied visions, and used similitudes, by the ministry of the prophets". God not only speaks to the prophets, but by the prophets. They are how God leads his children hear on earth. This is extremely important to know that God uses others to bless his children. I know God is a loving father, and the father of our spirits. This is important to know that the Lord speaks to me, that I can receive answers to my prayers. Most of my answers that I have received have come from the words of the prophets, both ancient and modern.

There are many examples of prophets both ancient an modern that bless us. Elder Stevenson explains the importance of prophets in his video:
They gave us what is known as scriptures. Scriptures contain the word and will of God. As we study the scriptures we will draw nearer to our Heavenly Father and feel more abundantly of his love. As I said earlier, most of my answers have come through the words of prophets, by me studying the scriptures. I encourage you to come up with questions that you have, pray about them, and then study the words of the prophets. I am certain something will stand out and you can know that that answer is from God.

No comments:

Post a Comment