Thursday, February 23, 2017

What Belief can Do


Image result for believe

In John 14:12 Jesus taught, “Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.” I love this scripture because it quite simply tells us what we are able to do and become if we have faith. There are many times that I do not feel like I am doing enough, or can do enough. As I remember this scripture, and pray for help the Lord does help me.

Christ was the ultimate example, he healed the sick, raised the dead, taught, served, loved, learned, and ultimately returned to our Heavenly Fathers presence. If we have faith, the Lord has promised that we shall be able to perform the same works. That means that we to can heal, teach, love, learn (I especially love this one as I am studying), and return to our Fathers presence. I am grateful for this promise and know that with faith in the Lord nothing is impossible.


Ways that we can strengthen our faith in God is by studying him and learning about his character. As we understand who God is it becomes easier to have faith in him and his gospel. I encourage you to study out who God is. One great place to start is here: https://www.lds.org/topics/god-the-father?lang=eng&old=true

No comments:

Post a Comment