Thursday, February 16, 2017

How can I endure to the end?

Image result for endure to the end

This last week in my religion class we were talking about the Doctrine of Christ. We read together in 3 Nephi 11:32-39. After having discussed and read all these verses, my professor gave a set of scriptures to act as a second witness of Christ's Doctrine, 2 Nephi 31.

2 Nephi 31 explains the importance for faith, repentance, baptism, and the need for the Holy Ghost, but I especially loved verse 20, which reads:

 20 Wherefore, ye must press forward with a steadfastness in Christ, having a perfect brightness of hope, and a love of God and of all men. Wherefore, if ye shall press forward, feasting upon the word of Christ, and endure to the end, behold, thus saith the Father: Ye shall have eternal life.

Many times for me I feel like I have a hard time progressing. I look at the Doctrine of Christ and think, "Great so I have been baptized, received the Holy Ghost... now I just have to endure to the end, Right?" but this enduring part can be hard. I constantly find myself enduring as I am, as opposed to enduring to the end.  

As 2 Nephi teaches, we “must press forward with steadfastness”. The action of pressing forward implies that we are going somewhere, not staying stationary. The act of enduring to the end means that we continue to improve and become more like Christ. The thing that also makes this verse so great is how it tells us how to improve and endure. “having… love of God and of all men” and “feasting upon the word”.


If we will study the scriptures and look for ways to show our love through service, we will not stay stationary, but help ourselves and others continue “forward with steadfastness”. Seeking to endure to the end WILL give us eternal life, and we will not be as we are now, but we will become more Christlike.

No comments:

Post a Comment