Thursday, March 16, 2017

Peace I give unto you

Image result for spiritual peace

How can one experience the peace that the gospel brings? There are 2 verses that Christ taught that explain so well how we can obtain peace.

"But the comforter, which is the Holy Ghost whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.
Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid." (John 14:26-27)

For me, the Spirit is a great way to receive peace. I love how the Spirit is also called the Comforter. I use the words comfort and peace synchronously. The spirit is how we can experiences the peace that the gospel brings.

The Holy Ghost is a divine gift from our Heavenly Father. His influence can always be felt by everyone, but as we are baptized, we can receive him as a gift. When we receive him through the laying on of hands, we have the promise to always have him with us.

I encourage you, if you are looking for lasting peace, seek the spirit. Pray for him to accompany you. Study the scriptures. Serve. These are all ways that I feel peace and I know God will grant unto you his peace if you do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment