Thursday, March 9, 2017

Pray in Secret

Image result for private prayer

As Christ was teaching His Sermon on the Mount, he taught a bit about prayer. One quote that I love is:

"But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly." (Matthew 6:6)

I know that personal, private prayer is extremely important in strengthening our relationship with God. I love how Christ said "enter into thy closet". Though I don't necessarily go into my closet, I try to find a quiet place to pray. When I am free of distractions I can fully focus on my conversation with God. I have seen God bless me openly based on our conversations that we have had.

Prayer is one of the best ways to grow closer to God. Much like a thoughtful conversation with a friend will strengthen that friendship, thoughtful prayer will strengthen our relationship with God. As we pray we should thank Him for all He has given us. We should also seek blessing's for others, as well as ourselves. He is our Father, He is listening, and He will answer our prayers.

I encourage you all to find a quiet place to pray, but before praying meditate on what you will say and ask. If you will seek to draw closer to God, He will draw nearer to you, and He will bless you.

No comments:

Post a Comment